With Ramadan fast approaching, our Hilm family would like to invite you to our Online Ramadan Moon Workshop on
April 25th, 2020
For the past few years, this activity took place at the ICC masjid, but as we’re abiding with the social distancing rules, we’re taking this online! Your family can participate in activities such as storytelling, craft and cookie baking!
To register, simply RSVP on our Facebook event page by clicking “Going.”
The workshop is free, but a small donation to the National Zakat Foundation’s COVID-19 relief efforts would be appreciated!
https://nzfcanada.com/covid19/ (A tax receipt will be issued by National Zakat Foundation)
List of supplies needed for the craft project:
- Paper (construction or regular)
- 2 Cereal boxes (or brown paper bags, cookie boxes or any food box such as a macaroni box could be a substitute if not paper could work as well)
- Markers (or crayons or pencil crayons)
- Tape and/or glue
Please do not go out of your way to get supplies, this can easily be done by getting creative and using items from home
List of ingredients needed for the sugar cookie baking and optional decorating:
- Sugar cookie ingredients:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (leave out the night before)
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract-optional (in the video we replaced this with fresh lemon juice), this can be left out if you don’t have it or substitute with any other flavoring.
- Icing ingredients (optional, if have these ingredients at home and you want to put icing on your cookies):
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp milk
- Pinch of salt
Here is the recipe we will be using, if you would like to refer back to it at any time.